View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Beware of the Kraken! It stirs!

BADALEX  said about 5 years ago  or at  7:45PM on Tuesday, July 21 2009 in chat

LaxCharisma  said about 5 years ago:

I dig Krakens.
Theres a series of drawings of them I really love where they are attacking sailing ships.

The Krakens are as big as the ships...

toadphoney  said about 5 years ago:

I wish I knew how to link those drawings. I intend to get a tattoo of it one day.

Maybe settle for a tattoo of my squid rings picture. The yellow of the lemon would be quite striking.

Yeah..ummm...hmmmm...

Nah.

Tramdriver  said about 5 years ago:

LaxCharisma said 1 hour ago:
I wish I knew how to link those drawings. I intend to get a tattoo of it one day.

Oh man! I have this phobia of a kraken in a children's encyclopedia - I looked at it for the first time in years back in March. A friend - who is an artist- is designing my tattoo. Can't wait!

What a Kraken tattoo?

Are you getting a Kraken tattoo?

FUCK YEAH! I cannot believe you are also considering getting one as well. This practically makes us brothers or something. I think tattoos should be personal and this could hardly be more personal- it is my 'story' if you will- tell you over a beer one day.

Goal attack  said about 5 years ago:

I've got to remember to say this next time I'm shagging:

Beware of the Kraken! It stirs!

Bwahaha!!!

Yeah...you'll have to.

I don't have a story about my reasons really I just saw this picture of the Kraken and thought I'd love a tattoo of it. I first saw it in a book I had called ''Monsters'' when I was a kid...
I'll see if I can figure out how to link the image of it.

THERE IT IS!!!!!

Thanks Mrs.Charisma!

20,000 Leagues Under the Sea has a big Kraken/Giant Squid image associated with it. That's where I got my first look at a Kraken, and it stuck with me.

Suite- look forward to telling the story one day.

Heres another one I like...

I can't believe someone apart from me is into krakens- it is my shtick/in-joke thing amongst my friends (and because of my phobia I do not say I demons, but rather I have krakens). And since too much krakenry is never enough:

I'm sure there is some long forgotten reason why I am into them Tramdriver, I mean I'm pretty freaked out on the ocean in general. Fuck the unexplored recesses of outerspace THERE ARE THINGS DOWN THERE WE DON'T KNOW ABOUT!!!!

I think my fixation is mainly through art. I just love kraken pictures.

View Comments 20 to 136

We've limited the amount of comments shown in these larger topics to allow for faster viewing, simply click here to load all the missing comments ...

BADALEX`  said about 5 years ago:

Heehee! I'm a silly boy sometimes!

If there are ground krakens we're fucked!

cheezel  said about 5 years ago:

wats kracken?

fools?

BADALEX  said about 5 years ago:

Tramdriver- Ground Krakens? Don't be silly. Land Kraken now, they're another story altogether....

BA - What's the difference? Anywayz I boughted this off egay for an udnerwater themed party (coincidentally the shower curtains at the party venue are also kraken).

Tramdriver- WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE? Oh...only the difference between your face and UTTER ANIHILATION.

Sheesh. Kids today.

So land krakens are out and about in the daylight, while ground krakens are like the worms in 'Tremors'?

Ground kraken are a myth put out by the Illithids to lull you into a false sense of security until the Land Kraken come along and devour your shit.

JRB  said about 5 years ago:

CaptainFez  said about 5 years ago:

Land Kraken come along and devour your shit.

Coprophages? That'd solve the world's septic problems.

Metaphorically speaking CaptainFez. In this case, your shit includes your face, your house, your land and all your peoples.

I reckon the Morlocks might ride krakens when they comet to eat us. Yep we're screwed.

That is.....a disctinct possibility. We must be prepared to fight them with land harpoons and tridents. Possibly cannons. Maybe even guns. Who knows? It's on for young and old when the morlocks come into town riding Land Krakens.

BADALEX said 13 hours ago:
That is.....a disctinct possibility. We must be prepared to fight them with land harpoons and tridents. Possibly cannons. Maybe even guns. Who knows? It's on for young and old when the morlocks come into town riding Land Krakens.

POTD!

JRB  said about 5 years ago:

Hey JRB you are thinking of Cthulhu- totally different kettle of fish.

THATS SO FUCKING COOL!!!!

I WANT THAT!!!

Yeah it's rad. And if I'm lucky my kraken plushy will look like this:

Tramdriver  said about 4 years ago:

Tramdriver  said about 1 year ago:

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.