View the Mobile Version of M+N

Discussions

Turning your utility bills into legal tender

blacklight  said about 1 year ago  or at  2:35AM on Wednesday, July 25 2012 in chat

Has anyone tried turning their utility bills into legal tender? Apparently it works.

You become the guarantor for your debt and issue a promissory note as legal tender, just as the Reserve Bank issues promissory notes as our currency.

Personally I haven't studied economics, but I'm very intrigued.

Yes, this is related to the new video blog by JK from Teenage Mothers (see the link below).

He took bills from the Commonwealth Bank and transformed them into legal tender (using the 'acceptance for value' method). Then he received credit from the bank. But this topic deserves its own thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYZIllcwBqI&feature=relmfu

Coz  said about 1 year ago:

Sounds pretty jacked to me.

Watched the vid though. Reckon if I met JK in a pub and he was talking that crap I would say ''yeah... you're a dickhead'' to his face, but in a good-natured way, and keep talking to him for entertainment value after that. All the while knowing that I will never issue a promissory note as legal tender.

But then, I am a stickler for the rules. I couldn't be fucked with the battle of wills which would no doubt ensue. If I have to fight, I'm going to make it a fight I really believe in.

blacklight  said about 1 year ago:

This documentary is also very relevant. It was made in 1996 but is fully applicable. It's about 3 and a half hours long, but worth the time. It's called 'The Money Masters' and outlines the history of money and the insidious domination of private central banks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXt1cayx0hs

JRB  said about 1 year ago:

Reckon if I met JK in a pub and he was talking that crap I would say ''yeah... buy me a beer with your power bill'' to his face

Cause if you can't buy a beer with it then it isn't money in my book.

Block  said about 1 year ago:

This thread is a waste of internet.

Captain Oblivious  said about 1 year ago:

Yeah, like old mate Moz once sang..... that joke isn't funny anymore.

Innocent Bystander  said about 1 year ago:

this is related to the new video blog by JK from Teenage Mothers (see the link below).

wanker

and breaking the rules

By using any area of messandnoise.com, you agree that you will not do any of the following:

Post or broadcast repetitive and/or redundant material to any discussion forums.

Post, communicate or transmit or use any material of any kind for commercial purposes, or which contains any promotional material or advertising, except in the authorised manner

Velodrone  said about 1 year ago:

I have a gas account, an electricity account and a SA water account.

I need some bike parts.

How do I make this happen?

Do you reckon Wiggle or Ribble will accept my invoices via PayPal?

LoadMyRig  said about 1 year ago:

blacklight, just fuck JK already will you?

k2  said about 1 year ago:

blacklight, just fuck JK already will you?

I assumed they were one in the same. Electric Flu 2.

blacklight is JK's lacky and shil,l because JK doesn't do the internets.

no comma

anonymous  said about 1 year ago:

reported as spam.

Goal attack  said about 1 year ago:

this is all Teenage Mothers promo. It's getting repetitive, and it's embarrassing.

mule  said about 1 year ago:

it's getting seriously tedious...why don't you spend all this time writing tunes?

Northside  said about 1 year ago:

I used to be a fan of the band but all this cynical spamming is getting old. It's also a bit lame using JK as some sort of circus act to get publicity for the band. Just stick to playing tunes.

SGH  said about 1 year ago:

But this topic deserves its own thread.

No, it totally doesn't!

This is a waste of a thread that could have been used as an unfunny parody thread, a lame article about something to do with Gotye, or even a review of an album that Mikey Young once listened to while recording something else.

Instead it's this. What a waste.

fuckwit  said about 1 year ago:

Just stick to playing tunes.

the songs are rubbish. spend ALOT more time on them

anonymous  said about 1 year ago:

If you were batman, your utility belt would already have legal tender in it.

Coz  said about 1 year ago:

SGH, I like your style.

tugboat  said about 1 year ago:

tugboat  said about 1 year ago:

Coz said 20 minutes ago:
SGH, I like your style.

Grimes like SGH's style too.

You need to be logged into Mess+Noise to contribute to the Discussions.
Go on and Log In or if you you're not a member, feel free to Sign Up.

Today On Mess+Noise
MESS+NOISE on Facebook

The M+N Newsletter

Sign up for special offers, giveaways and exclusive tracks. The best spam you'll ever receive.